This is the stuff we love:
- Epic Battles:
- A young racer coming up to you away from a COTR event (Zone XC races) and saying, “Hey Norm. At Farmer Bills it was the first time I did not get lapped in Beginner”. Me thinking…..man that is awesome hearing that from a 10 year old!!
- Giving away HUGE draw prizes on SUNDAY! (EVOC Bike Bag. Harbour Air Gift Certificates. A NAKED BIKE FRAME!!)
- BRAND new venue and race course. After 70+ races….this still gets us fired up.
- Getting an e-mail that says, “I’m a bit addicted on cross this year and sad that it might be almost over”.
Your Warm Up
- Check out this first time edit for COTR from Luke Hubner from Hot Crossed Bunnies:
- Sean Voight from Mazda who has been at and helped at EVERY COTR race this year has sent us an UPDATED link to his photos. 2016 Cross-on-the-Rock Photos by Sean Voigt from Pacific Mazda This link will show all the Albums for the races and will be used for the last round as well.
COTR THINGS TO REMEMBER FOR SUNDAY
- Register for the race: https://raceroster.com/events/2016/10092/2016-cross-on-the-rock-series-championships
- Your race Number from the double header (And pins. No need to waste them every race)
- Your race license (like always)
- $$ for a wannawafel (I can’t wait…..yum…..yum)
- Change of clothes so that you can be comfortable hanging around after your race
- To buy a T Shirt. Inventory stands at: Kids: 1 Size 6 and 1 Size 8. Women’s: 2 Small, 2 Medium, 1 Large. Men’s: 4 Small, 19 Medium, 16 Large. LAST chance to get your COTR 2016 shirts will be at the Series Final.
- CHECK THE LOST AND FOUND
Get Warmed Down and ready
- You gotta be there to win (BIG DRAW PRIZES) on Sunday……so plan on being there.
- Check out your series standings: http://www.crossontherock.com/php/series-results/?series=2016 Take your note pad and add up your top 6 spots so far. Do some calculations. Double points at the last race…..so who do you have to beat and by how much?
- Check out your team standings: http://www.crossontherock.com/php/team-standings/?series=2016
In newsletter #14
- Make the timers job easier.
- De Grote Prijs van Fairgrounds. The Last Round.
1. Make the timers job easier.
We know that we ALL love accurate results……..but some people do NOT make it easy. Here is an example of some “fails”. Don’t be a number “fail’er”. (Recognize anyone in these photos?). Pack your pins. Pack a few extra that you have by your clothes drier. Make sure your number is in the RIGHT spot and secure.
De Grote Prijs van Fairgrounds. The Last Round.
1 Register for the race: https://raceroster.com/events/2016/10092/2016-cross-on-the-rock-series-championships
2 Check out the Venue Map: see below
3. Read the Course Description
This brand new 3.5 km course is a flat, but very diverse circuit. The course is designed roughly in a “U” formation to accomplish simple access to Registration/EVENT HQ and easy spectator flow while having as few crossings as possible. Each lap of the course will take riders through a varied mix of terrains including a paved start/finish straight, grassy meadows, hardpack dirt/gravel, 2 sets of man-made barriers/planks, sawdust sectors, double-sided pits, a barn, stone dust sections and sandy loam. Oh and there will be mud.
4. Parking: There is plenty of parking at Saanich Fairgrounds and signage will be clearly posted directing vehicles where to go.
5. Registration: Registration and post race awards ceremonies will be located in the RCMP barn. Signage will be posted directing foot traffic the 200m from the parking lot to the entrance of the RCMP barn.
6. Team Tent Area:
There will be a designated tent set up area close to the registration and start/finish area of the course. If you want to reserve a team tent spot fire Drew a note (firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Event Sponsors:
A massive thanks to our extraordinary event sponsors for supplying all the race tape (so much race tape!) and a huge amount of prizing.
As well as more gear from Muc Off, Howard Johnston. Series Prizes from Cycles Lambert (EVOC Bag), Harbour Air…and NAKED
8. Food and Expo: The best waffles in the business, Wannawafel will be on site serving up tasty Belgian inspired goodness.
PowerPlant Whole Foods (www.powerplantwholefoods.com) will have a tent set up and will be doing live demos as well as providing the championship race with some prizing as well.
endūr socks (www.endurofficial.com) will also be out at the COTR finals showing off their wares.
OK……time to finish off your training and get ready for the last round. It is going to be AWESOME!!