Our series is basically ability-based with a division by age. Fastest racers in Expert and Open Women. All others divided into basically beginner or above 40 years of age or below 40 years of age. For a more in depth description read below.
Starting racing in one category does NOT mean you have to race that category for the rest of the season. You can try out other ones. We have had people race beginners for the first time and then a masters race later in the day and then continued racing in masters. Same with Intermediate to Expert. We want you in the category that best suits your ability and competitiveness level.
- Beginner / U13 / U15 Men: This is someone that is new to bike racing. New to cross racing. Young. Old. As with all of our categories if you are TOO fast we will give you a gentle nudge. U13 and U15 will be ranked separately.
- Beginner / U13 / U15 Women: This is someone that is new to bike racing. New to cross racing. Young. Old. As with all of our categories if you are TOO fast we will give you a gentle nudge. U13 and U15 will be ranked separately.
- Intermediate / U17 Men: You have graduated up from Beginners. Getting Faster but not quite fast enough to race Expert. Still to young for Masters. Then this is your category.
- Intermediate / U17 / 40+ Women: You have graduated up from Beginners. Getting Faster but not quite fast enough to race Expert. All starting together 1 minute behind the Intermediate / U17 Men, U17 and 40+ women will be ranked separately.
- Masters Men 40 – 54: This is the category for Men over 40 and under 55.
- Masters Men 55+: This is the category for Men 55 and older.
- Expert Women: Too fast or competitive for the Intermediate category. Starting 1 minute in front of the Masters Men, so game on like a pursuit.
- Expert Men: If you have raced Pro, Expert, Cat 1/2 or have finished in the top half of a Cat 3 field then this is your category. Any Age. Races are about an hour.
- Kids: A short race on a modified course for Kids under 12. Run bikes, pedal bikes, training wheels, bike with gears. Depending on numbers it will be split into smaller races depending on ability. Kids 10 and over may find these races too easy and may race in Beginner / U13 / U15 instead.