CROSS ON THE ROCK 2022 COVD-19 HEATH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Please note that these protocols may change through the season based on a multitude of factors.
The global pandemic for COVID-19 is not over. Please help us keep our events safe and have consideration for others at the event.
We encourage everyone to be fully protected against COVID-19 and keep their vaccinations up date
- Registration will be by PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY. This is for ALL categories and all races. Including: Little kids, Big kids and all adult categories. You must pre-register if you want to race any COTR event.
- Registration for each race will open 10-14 days before each event. There will be no series registration for this season. This is to minimize problems if we have to cancel an event or the series this year because of changes in policy, safety or community health.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR ANY COTR RACE (EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT RACING AND JUST GOING TO WATCH)
- If you are sick or feeling like the sickness might be coming stay home. Be honest with yourself and your community.
- We encourage you to commit to a honest self assessment of your health before each event (https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en). If you are having ANY symptoms that are similar to COVID-19, even if you think it is just a Cold or the Flu, you should not be racing and you should not be at a COTR race. This is for your safety and the safety of our community. It does not matter if you have received 2 vaccination shots and 2 booster. If you feel sick, stay home. Test yourself. Monitor your heath. Feel better and return to racing when you are symptom free and testing negative. This is not the time to “race through it” like we all have done in the past. Your registration fee is not enough money to justify showing up at a race not healthy or potentially contagious. Consider your registration a great donation to keeping this community going.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or been around someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the week prior to the race, please do not attend a COTR race.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT A COTR RACE
- As we know a mask is still a GREAT idea at any inside setting. Think tight spaces with limited air flow….like the washrooms or portable johns.
- Once you have picked up your registration package (with your race numbers) at your first race of the season you do not have to go to registration at any further events. No check in. No pick up. Just show up pre-registered with your race numbers and wait for your call up (which will only happen if you are registered). Take care of that race number.
- During races, PLEASE check your surroundings before discharging spit, snot, and/or “other” or coughing. If you have someone close behind you please wait until you have a LOT of space before letting it rip.
ON SITE AT EVERY COTR RACE VENUE
- We all love the cheering and encouragement at our events. We don’t want to lose that. BUT at this time it is not acceptable to be screaming directly in the face of a racer so they pass through your micro-particle’d breath. Please adjust your cheering technique, orientation or location! We don’t want silence….but we still don’t want your germs!
We will be doing our best throughout the season to monitor our protocols and processes and keep people informed of any changes.
We encourage people to do their best to keep our events as safe as possible so that we can race our 15th season of Cross on the Rock!
-The Council of Cross