A few RANDOM things before we get into the rest of this Newsletter.
- We seem to be getting a lot more e-mails saying things like “Best course ever”. “Best Event Ever”. Etc. after each race which is really positive enforcement for what we have been doing this year. Thanks to everyone that takes the time to e-mail us good stuff or constructive suggestions.
- I wanted to make a personal comment about the Binab GP course that I thought the section of course from the bottom of the stairs to the top of the motorcross track…..that 200M was probably the toughest section of course I have ever raced. TOUGH!! And I loved it!
- We forgot to get the name of the man who won the shop challenge at the Binab GP……it was Mitchell Thacker, Scott Mitchell, and Fluffy Aaron 1 2 3
- There is also one more SWEET video from COTR #6 in case you have not seen it: http://vimeo.com/mediaone/review/53641925/59e5b67016
- OBB Nanaimo is hosting an After COTR Race After Party on Saturday night from 7:30 onwards. DJ, Beer…etc. Bring a non-perishable food item for their food drive.
Rock star registration is OPEN for COTR #7 until 6:00pm on FRIDAY NIGHT. Save yourself some time on race day and sign up early!!
Remember….even though it is the end of the COTR year…don’t forget your license…or if you are going to forget it…then bring an extra $10
We had our largest ever representation of COTR racers at the Daryl Evans Racing National Championships and BC GP last weekend in Surrey….and I gotta say….we might have taken home the most medals and top 10’s out of any group!!
Here are some of the top 10 results:
Masters 50+ Men
6 Bill McMillan Nanaimo BC 34:29:00
7 Peter Wellsman Victoria BC Pro City Racing 34:40:00
10 Barry Rempel Victoria BC OBB 35:21:00
Master 30 + Women, 12.8 km
1 Janna Gillick (BC) Mid Island Velo Association 36:21
Master 30-39 Men, 15.25 km
6 James Cameron (BC) Pro City Racing 42:12
10 Jason Binab (BC) Pro City Racing 42:38
11 Scott Mitchell (BC) Pro City Racing 42:56
Master 40-49 Men, 15.25 km
1 Bob Welbourn (BC) SBR (Occasional COTR Racer…did Bowen this year) 40:16
3 Normon Thibault (BC) Frontrunners 40:264 Andre Sutton (AB) Hardcore Bikes (Usually races 1 COTR race/season….will be at Beban) 40:32
7 Ian Smith (BC) MIVA 40:42
11 Guy Ridler (BC) Urocsimon’s Cycles 41:49
12 Sean Cruickshank (BC) Pro City Racing 41:58
6 Jordan Duncan (BC) Russ Hays p/b Accent Inn 43:29
Elite/ 17+ women
1 Mical Dyck (BC) Stan’s No Tubes 43:45
2 Wendy Simms (BC) KONA 44:17
9 Dawn Anderson (BC) Oak Bay Bikes 46:18
U23 Men, 18.26 km
8 Adam de Vos (BC) Trek Red Truck p/b Zed Wheels 53:18
Elite Men, 24.2 km
1 Geoff Kabush (BC) SCOTT-3Rox Racing (Has done and won a few COTR) 1:02:55
4 Craig Richey (BC) SponsoreConnected.com 1:04:55
8 Tyler Trace (BC) Trek Red Truck 1:06:14
9 Kevin Noiles (BC) Sundays Best Racing (has raced COTR in the past…but not for a while) 1:06:15
10 Andrew Pinfold (BC) H&R Block (won the first race we ever put on) 1:06:39
Sorry about the crappy formatting above….could not figure it out!
Nationals is in Surrey again next year….we hope for a more BURLY course…..but regardless we want to see an even BIGGER COTR representation next year and HOPEFULLY more women’s and youth categories at the event.
PHOTOS LAST CALL for the PHOTO CONTEST
All Photos for the COTR Photo contest MUST be submitted by Thursday, November 22 at 9:00PM.
Calling all Photographers that have been capturing images this season…..time to SUBMIT your BEST. Send your best photos to Roland at: Roland Rabien (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will get the Gallery up and going. No more than 4 photos per photographer please. Our panel of judges are standing by. Best photo award will be awarded at the series final.
COTR #7 Beban Park. Series Championships.
- Series Final!
- Double Points!!
- $50 to Charity for the TOP MOVEMBER!!!
- And MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- A tonne of PRIZES!
- Series Prizes!!
- Concession truck.
- A very special “regional” hand up.
If you think you can grow a manlier moustache than Tycho then line it up….best one will get $50
We have some SERIOUS Prizes to give out on Saturday. This is how it will go at the awards ceremony after the racing action has stopped.
1. We will give away a bunch of stuff from a bunch of our awesome sponsors.
2. We will do awards for COTR #7 Races and give away a bunch more stuff.
3. Photo contest winner
4. Then we will probably give away more stuff.
5. Movember Contest for $50
6. Then we will do the awards for our COTR SERIES and give some stuff away with that.
7. Then we will do some HUGE draw prizes from our sponsors including:
- Go Pro Camera System from Action Motorcycles.
- From ZED Wheels: CrossRock CX carbon. 24f/28r. 1275g carbon tubular with limited edition gun metal grey hubs. MSRP $999. As ridden by Zed Wheels sponsored riders Adam de Vos and Craig Richey.
- ALSO from ZED Wheels: CrossRock AX niobium alloy tubular. 1420g. Signature Blue hubs and nipples. Same as last year! Blue Ti skewers to match. MSRP $499. Ridden by Adam de Vos, Tom Skinner and many others.
THEN we head to OBB Nanaimo after 7:30 PM for a PARTY!! DJ, BEER, Food (bring a can or some non-perishables for their food drive).
With 6 out of a possible 7 scores counting toward the total for the series and DOUBLE Points…..the standings have a way of getting all mixed up at the last race. Add in out of towners, one race per season racers, mechanicals, sand pits and dragons and anything can and will happen on Saturday. All you can do is race your best race…..and CHECK YOUR POINTS BEFORE HAND! If there are any problems with your points for the series….let Roland know ASAP. email@example.com
Where’s the Money at?
As most of you know the COTR series was part of a bigger group that donated to equalizing and boosting prize money over the National Championship weekend. This proved to be a bit more of a challenge than we originally thought it would be. It actually BLEW UP on Thursday and Friday last week over the regular and social media. Finally Cycling BC announced late Friday that they would equalize the prize money for the UCI C2 race on Sunday which was a WIN. So Dave and I spread out the envelopes, cash and letters and sorted out all the prize money for Saturday’s National Champs. We had enough to boost the Elite Category for men and women as well as give away some money for the top 3 in JR and U23 men (still no category for this for women….work in progress). On the way to giving out the money I actually had someone else from Sunday Best racing hand me cash so we boosted it a bit more and saved $50 for our top JR Female (unofficial category) and COTR Racer Taryn Cote. We have had a few e-mails and personal responses back from the racers thanking us for taking up the initiative which was really cool. Thanks to everyone that donated a few bucks and the following people and groups that gave a bit more: Bill Riley Law, Glotman Simpson Club, Sunday Best racing, Atomic Cycling Club, West Coast Racing, Interior Cross Series, Dwyane Kress, Trail Bikes-Eatmore Sprouts, Tara and Mike Pollock, Cross on the Rock #5 Crosstoberfest, Cross on the Rock #6 Binab Property GP, Pumpkin Cross, Pro City Cycles Club, OrganicAthlete Victoria cyclocrossers, Jak New
and the Escape Velocity/Garneau Evolution crew
Wanna go to the MASTERS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in January (and then stick around and watch how the Elite do it)
Louisville, KY – October 30, 2012. Online registration for the 2013 UCI Masters Cyclo-cross World Championships powered by Exergy, scheduled for January 29th – February 1st, 2013 in Louisville, KY, will open on November 1st on USACycling.org.
Participants can register for the following age groups: M / W 30-34; M / W 35-39; M / W 40-44; M / W 45-49; M / W 50-54; M /W 55-59; M / W 60-64; Women 65+; Men 65-69; Men 70-74 and Men 75+; see below for schedule. Registration opens with early pricing at $75 per rider through January 4th, 2013. On January 5th, 2013 the entry fee moves to $100 per rider and closes on January 25th. On-site registration will be available for $125.
Raced on the new Masters World Championship venue at at Champions Park in Louisville, the course will features elevation and speed changes, dirt, sand, grass, off-camber technical sections and enough natural terrain change to challenge riders.
The Galt House is the Official Host Hotel of the 2013 Masters and 2013 Elite World Championships, and is located at 140 N. 4th Street, Louisville, KY. Visit www.louisville2013.com to make reservations.