Muc-Off is not “just” the title sponsor of the Cross on the Rock Series but they are also back as title sponsor of the Muc Off Cup again this year! It is always great to have all their amazing products and Pete working hard washing bikes again (If needed). The Bowen park course is a classic. At the point of writing the chance of 5mm of rain that was “promised” earlier in the week seems to be gone…..which is sort of sad. BUT the parks people will be happy as last year’s race needed some serious remediation!
The course will be similar to the last few years with a road section start, into a single track wooded climb, quick down hill, then onto the grass for lots of twists and turns before the infamous stairs and volley-ball court/sand section. The volley ball court has a new perimeter fence around one side so the approach and path for that section will be changed. For the most part the course will be similar to previous years but once we get into the bowl area it is up to the crew setting up on how our adventure looks!
This race has some impressive stats over the history of the event.
- Biggest race of all time! 2019
- 5th biggest in 2018
- 6th biggest in 2017
- Biggest category of all time masters men 40-54 in 2019 with 88 racers
- Most DNF’s EVER in 2014
- 4th most DNFs in 2010
- 10th most DNFs in 2011
- LEAST DNF’s ever in 2016
- 2nd least DNFs in 2019!
- Two Time venue for the Provincial Cyclocross Championships
- MOST RAIN ever during one of our races for the 2021 Masters Men’s race. It was INSANE!!
Check out the results from 2021 here to re-live the action!
- First of all the park is open to the public. There are people everywhere and some will NOT be aware of the race or cyclists on course. Keep your head up!!
- Please be very cautious of the down-hill section after the pool. This is the fastest section with some BIG trees that can break your shoulder or your head.
- There are slippery sections, roots and trees and uneven ground all over the place and it will be WET
- You MUST stay to the inside of the cones near the tennis courts. This is very important as we are sharing the road with other park users.
- The last hazard is the down-hill after the stair section. Please use caution, as it its steep and can be slippery.
- There is LOTS of parking in the AREA of the race but maybe not RIGHT beside the registration/finish area. You have a bike….you can park a little ways away.
- The main Parking is located in the lot beside the Volley Ball courts off WALL STREET. These spots are not marked so please don’t park like a donkey and mess it up for other people. Organized rows!
- Overflow parking can be found across the street at the Curling Club.
- There is also some parking up by the park administration buildings by the tennis courts and then above that by the pool.
- All spots are within 1 minute of the main race area.
Registration and race central
- Will be located near the Volley Ball courts
ALWAYS: Please be courteous to other park users.
- One row on the grass in front of parking area.
- Then a second row against the curb in the parking lot.
- STAKE YOUR TENTS!
Please do not put any tents on the opposite side of the course. Only event tents are allowed in that area. Thanks
For a food truck this year we have Sip and Sliders.
ALSO: Jack and Tycho will have their drink stand with MORE FANTA as well as a special guest with Tessa there for a rare 2022 appearance. Bring a couple of bucks to support the Cold Drink Stand!
Muc Off and Rock City Cycles are literally giving away thousands of dollars of product at this event.
PLEASE ABSOLUTELY STAY OFF THE COURSE AFTER RACE DAY!
Lastly we can almost guarantee this…..NUMBERS ON YOUR LEFT!
Remember….registration CLOSES at 6:00 PM on Sunday. LINK HERE.
|Intermediate / Masters / Open||$27||$17|
|Kids (Grogu and Younglings)||Free|
|PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY. NO day of race registration.|
|Registration Open||9:15 am|
|Beginner Clinic||10:00 am|
|Launch Men (formerly Beginner) (Including Youth U13 and U15)||10:45 am|
|Launch Women (formerly Beginner) (Including Youth U13 and U15)||10:46 am|
|Younglings (Bigger Kids). Full lap or almost a full lap||11:40|
|Intermediate Men (Including U17)||12:10 pm|
|Intermediate Women (Including U17 and Masters Women)||12:11 pm|
|Lil Nutcase Kids Race||12:15 pm|
|Masters Men (40-54)||1:15 pm|
|Super Master Men (55+)||1:16 pm|
|Open Men (formerly Expert)||2:30 pm|
|Open Women (formerly Expert)||2:31 pm|