Cross on the rock would like to increase our focus on Clubs and Teams to foster community and growth to cycling. Below is a growing list of local teams for anyone looking to get involved.
Naked Factory Racing, NFR
- The Elite Team is closed, full up with feisty juniors and grizzled relics. The Club version is open to anyone who wants to fly the colours and is an ambassador for humanity.
- Primary Location is Quadra Island but we have an international contingent including a Satellite training camps in Australia, France and Iceland Just make sure to give Jamie Cameron, the Pechters or Halldor a heads up first that you want to crash on their couch.
- We encourage anyone who takes having fun seriously and is an awesome human being first, bike racer second.
- Contact Sam Whittingham: nakedfactoryracing.ca @nakedfactoryracing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday night cornering chaos at the Quadra Community Centre 5:30. Wed night road ride at Island Cycles 5:30 This is year round as a road ride but tends to be over-run bike X bikes in the fall and includes a lot of not road
Hub City Cycles CX
- Straight Outta Harewood (Snuneymuxw Territory)
- All Ages, but minors with parents, ideally
- Me, Julian, at the shop! 250 591 2159, email@example.com, Hub City Cycles Community Cooperative on facebook, @hubcitycylescommunitycoop on IG,
- Tuesday Taco CX, meet at the shop at 5pm, ride as little pavement through Harewood to Jalapeños for 7pm to… yeah, close it down… or if we fail at that there’s the Bar Burrito option… that’s the premise.
- 5pm meetup, roll out by 530. 12 Lois Lane.
Arrowsmith Cycling Club
- Club is open and accepting new members, primarily mtb driven with some dedicated seasonal gravel/cyclocross riders. Minimal road commitment at this point but open for expansion
- Oceanside area being Nanoose Bay, Parksville, Errington, Qualicum Beach and Bowser. I figure Parksville could be considered central.
- Age group mainly older 45+ years that keep up a good pace and like the ascent as much as the descent. El Jimador Margarita and beer make friends.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org https://arrowsmithcyclingclub.com/ https://www.facebook.com/ArrowsmithCyclingClub
- Scheduled mtb rides at HammerFest on Wednesday (6pm), Friday (1:30pm) and Sunday (9am)